Mata Amritanandamayi Devi’s 57th birthday will be celebrated today at Amritapuri in Kollam District. It is expected that around 300000 will attend the celebrations. Vic President Hameed Ansari, Defence Minister A.K. Antony, Karnataka Chief Minister Yediyurappa were sent Birthday wishes to Amma.
The Birthday celebrations will be held at the premises of the Amritapuri campus of the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. The celebrations will start at 5.00 a.m. on September 27th, with a Lalita Sahasranam Archana.
The highlights of the morning program are as follows:
* Pada Puja by Amma’s sannyasi disciples.
* Amma’s Birthday Discourse.
* Awarding of the Amrita Keerti Puraskar to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to Vedic learning, Vedic literature.
* Inauguration of new Insurance Protection Scheme for Amrita Self-Help Groups.
* Pensions to new ‘Amrita Nidhi’ beneficiaries.
* Distribution of ‘Vidyamritam’ Scholarships to students.
* Distribution of clothes to 25,000 women from impoverished families.
* Mass Marriage Ceremony. The Math will also be giving the couples wedding clothes, ornaments and financial aid.
* Release of books and special commemorative Matruvani publication.
* Inauguration of the Ashram’s website in nine Indian languages, (Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi, Bengali & Sanskrit).