Boneless chicken, finger sized pieces: 400 grams
Green chillies, chopped: 6-8
Cornflour: 2½ tablespoons
Salt: To taste
Black peppercorns, crushed: ½ teaspoon
Dark soya sauce: 2 tablespoons
Oil: 1 tablespoon + to deep fry
Garlic, chopped: 8-10 cloves
Onion: 2 medium
Red chilli sauce: 2 tablespoons
Chicken stock: 1 cup
Vinegar: 2 tablespoons
Green capsicums, seeded, thick strips: 2 medium
1. Take chicken pieces in a bowl. Add half the cornflour, salt, crushed black peppercorns, egg and mix. Add a little dark soya sauce and mix.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a wok and deep fry the chicken pieces till golden. Take care not to overcook. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in another wok. Add garlic and sauté for half a minute. Add green chillies and continue to sauté. Add onion, green capsicum and sauté.
4. Add the remaining dark soya sauce, red chilli sauce and stir. Add a little chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Blend the remaining cornflour in a little stock. Add fried chicken pieces to the wok and toss. Add blended cornflour and mix. Add salt and cook for a minute.
Add vinegar and stir. The starter is ready.
6. If you want gravy add some more stock and let it come to a boil.
7. Serve hot.