>This slaw, a combination of cabbage, red bell pepper, scallions and bamboo shoots, is tossed with a dressing full of the classic flavors of Chinese hot-and-sour soup. Serve with grilled pork tenderloin and a glass of Riesling.
* 1 serving: Calories 62; Carbohydrates 6g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Fat 4g (Monounsaturated Fat 1g, Saturated Fat 1g); Potassium 189mg; Sodium 112mg
* 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
* 3 cups shredded napa, or green cabbage
* 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
* 1/3 cup sliced scallions
* 1 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, drained and thinly sliced
* Whisk rice vinegar, reduced-sodium soy sauce, oil, ginger, white pepper and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add napa (or green cabbage) bell pepper, scallions and bamboo shoots; toss to coat.